PDA

View Full Version : Shipment Register

jcnixon
06-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Ok, just processed my first UPS shipment using Premium 2005 and the UPS interface, works great! Except for one problem, there is supposed to be a shipment register report so you can print a report of all your shipments for the day, but I can't find it! Either it is hidden really well, or I am blind! Anyone?

Thanks!
Jan

TheWolf
06-30-2004, 11:38 AM
It is under inventory and should be the very last report in the list.

jcnixon
06-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks, Tom, I found it. I guess I wouldn't have thought to look under inventory, it's also not a great report.

I have also discovered a couple of other things with using 'shimpents'. When you enter your invoice and then choose the 'freight' highlight on the sales window, it asks if you want to link the invoice to a shipment, if you say yes, it opens the shipment window. Once you enter the remaing info for your shipment, it will automatically enter the freight amount on your invoice. Only problem with that, if you wanted to edit the freight amount for some reason, say you forgot to enter a handling charge in the shipments window, you can't edit the freight on the invoice without voiding the shipment and starting all over. So if you have any extra handling to attach, be sure you enter it in the shipment window or don't link the invoice to the shipment. If you choose not to link the shipment to the invoice, then you can manually enter your freight amount at will, which all but makes the UPS integration worthless.

One other thing, when you choose 'package type' if you select custom package, you must enter package dimensions, a real pain in the neck if you ask me! You don't have to do that if you use UPS online, who wants to be bothered having to (or has the timeto) measure every package you ship?

Jan