PDA

View Full Version : sql server + peachtree 2003

room24
07-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Hi
can anyone tell me please how i can get data from my sql server database for use in peach tree??

Jim Dale
08-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Really if you can export to csv, you can import into p'tree.

karib4400
08-13-2004, 01:17 PM
I know just enough to get myself in trouble sometimes. But, I'm trying to import sales data from SQL database (from which I presume I can get a .csv file).

So, I exported a Sales Journal to Excel (from the sample company file) to see how it moves data and in what format. Then, I'm changing the data to what I would want to see and saving the data with a new file name.

Then I go back and try to reimport my new file. I've had partial success (it imports 2 of the 10 invoices on my list!). It hangs up if you try to import a customer id not already in peachtree. Also, if you try to import a credit memo against an invoice number it doesn' t recognize, you have to choose to skip or cancel. Either way, it seems to import PART of the file (up to the point where you have an error), so you have to watch out for that kind of thing apparently.

One nice feature is that it reminds you to backup prior to attempting the import!

The help function under "import" does give a lot of info about what fields are required, allowed, etc. during import.

Sorry I'm not more help, if I get it all ironed out, I'll post again.

Jim Dale
08-13-2004, 02:10 PM
As you experiment with the sample data base, change only one thing at a time to keep track of the changes p'tree doesn't "like"

karib4400
08-16-2004, 09:08 AM
I have reduced my import file (from excel spreadsheet saved as a .csv file) to 14 columns: customer id, invoice #, date, due date, accounts receivable account, number of distributions, quantity, item id, description, gl account, unit price, tax type, amount, sales price and transaction number.

I do not get an error message on import, but I have the following problems:
The quantity, item id, description, gl account, unit price do not import properly. The total amount of the invoice is correct EXCEPT it is all recorded on the sales tax line and it is negative revenue.

It does pick up date, invoice number and sales tax authority correct.

Does anyone have any suggestions about why it's all being recorded to the sales tax line?

thanks!

Jim Dale
08-16-2004, 11:56 AM
If you want to send the file, I'll take a look. It could be several things. It might be faster to hire someone at this point.

karib4400
08-26-2004, 10:55 AM
I took the advice of only changing one thing at a time and have now been able to get a file that imports properly.

thanks!