PDA

View Full Version : Format of printed checks

BobFriedmanCT
07-09-2004, 08:36 AM
I've just printed my first small batch of checks - using the "write check" method, on a two stub format.

The Thousand delimiting comma doesn't show up on the check. As an example, the Check Amount shown on the stub is $12,340.56. The amount as shown on the check itself is 12340.56.

How do I get the comma included?

Jim Dale
07-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Is this a custom designed check? Look at the format in your sample company for standard checks. Look at properties, it should show you how to change yours.

BobFriedmanCT
07-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks,

I worked through Properties and reformated (by adding comma delimiters) the number fields that concerned me on the check body as well as on the vouchers.

It surprised me that it was even necessary. I'm using one of the standard Peachtree output checks (I think it's PALM20) - I'm doing this from home today. No problem with alignment or placement of the fields. I'm still shaking my head that the insertion of commas into a long stream of numbers making up a currency definition has to be considered "custom".

TheWolf
07-12-2004, 08:18 AM
I would consider this a defect. I have checked the design format and the following standard checks are missing the comma seperators: AP Preprint 2 Stub, OCR - MultiP AP 2 Stub, OCR - MultiP AP 2 Stub - Detail.

BobFriedmanCT
07-12-2004, 08:34 AM
And wouldn't you know it...but you've listed one of them that I'm using.

Not a "drop dead" problem. One with a viable solution. But definitely not something I expected I'd have to deal with.