PDA

View Full Version : Inventory Not Being Adjusted

jarthur
07-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Hello

Please excuse this simple question, but I'm having a little problem with my inventory amounts.

I have Premium.

I set up a master stock item, with four or five sub-stock items based on color.

When I purchase some items for a customer using the purchase order form, shouldn't the amounts available change after entering the purchase order?

When a go to my inventory for a specific item, it still shows no items in inventory after my purchase order has been entered.

After I enter my invoice and tie it to the po, still no changes in inventory.

What am I doing wrong?

I have set the inventory option to include purchase orders when calculating quantity available.

My posting is real time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Jack Simmons

TheWolf
07-12-2004, 04:39 PM
Your on hand would still be zero but your available qty should show the items available. In the drop down lists for inventory, it is showing on hand qty and not qty available. Go to maintain, inventory items and check the qty available.

jarthur
07-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Your are correct.

The on-hand number should not change but the qty available should.

Nothing is being updated. All the qauntities are still zero, even after updating the Purchase Order as items are received.

The Purchase Order should have increased the qty available. When the items were received, the qty on hand should have been bumped up as well.

Everything is still zero.

Why?

Thank You

Sage
07-20-2004, 02:42 PM
I had this same problem and for us, when we updated the month we were working in (current accounting period) it then updated the inventory. Hope that helps you!

TheWolf
07-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by jarthur
Your are correct.

The on-hand number should not change but the qty available should.

Nothing is being updated. All the qauntities are still zero, even after updating the Purchase Order as items are received.

The Purchase Order should have increased the qty available. When the items were received, the qty on hand should have been bumped up as well.

Everything is still zero.

Why?

Thank You

Are you using batch posting? What is the dates of the Purchase orders? Go to maintain, default information, Inventory Items and make sure the use PO's in qty available is checked.

I have not seen this problem before and mine is updating the Qty Avail just fine.

jarthur
07-21-2004, 11:06 AM
First off, I want to thank everyone for their time in considering this question.

My inventory amounts are now properly updating.

This just started to happen and I believe the reason is my moving from one accounting period to another. That was the underlying problem.

I did double check my settings.

I am not in batch mode, but rather real time.

The inventory option of counting items on order as being available was checked.

When testing this, I put in an order for some items and sure enough, as soon as the order was saved, the item counts were properly tabulated.

Haven't worked out the feature of getting the actual costs to tie to a specific customer's order, but think once I go through an order cycle, this too will be resolved.

Again, thanks.

Regards,

Jack Simmons

TheWolf
07-21-2004, 01:59 PM
If you set the items as stock items then COGS will not generate until you do a sales invoice, if in accrual method or when you receive cash on the invoice, if in cash method.

The qty areas update based upon the accounting period you are in. If the PO's were dated in July but the accounting period was still in June, then they would not have shown.