PDA

View Full Version : A little confused with premium accounting

gkaste
07-14-2004, 07:21 AM
Hi all,

We are currently using Peachtree Complete Accounting 2002. Now we are upgrading to Peachtree Premium Accounting for Manufacturing 2005 (multi users edition). I have looked over Peachtrees website, and some other posts on the forum, but I cant really get an idea of what changes there will be. And more importantly than changes, what problems will occur between moving data from the old software to the new. We currently have a client/server network setup with real time posting, and would like to keep that tht same. Any input you guys have would be great, especally if you have migrated the same way, from complete accounting to premium accounting.

Thanks!
Garrett

peachtreejog
07-14-2004, 08:06 AM
There shouldn't be any real issues with your upgrade, just make sure that you follow all the instructions on the getting started guide that comes with your software. Also, remember with the upgrade you do recieve atleast a technical support call to Peachtree, so if you have any questions; give them a buzz.

2005 Premium for Manufacturers is a very good product, I am sure you will be very impressed.

gkaste
07-15-2004, 11:00 AM
I hope I am impressed. I really havent been with peachtree thus far.

Do you happen to know about when we upgrade to crystal reports 9(we have to with peachtree 2005). It says it changes names of fields. You map your old field names to the new field names. We use reports, export them to excel, and then import them to access. Access takes in the data by reading the field name. Will the field name be the new field names or the old field names. (changes I am refering to are like Bill_Name is changed to Customer_Bill_Name.

Actually, I think Ill post this in the crystal reports section. Probably a better place for it.

Thanks peachtreejog.