PDA

View Full Version : Item discount on sales invoice

crimsonmoon
07-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Don't laugh--but we are on PCA V11 Dos which we outgrew years ago...

We are looking at 2005 Distribution. We see some report issues that do not give us even the fields we had customized in PDQ.

The biggest issue is 2005 has taken away the ability to enter an item discount on the sales invoice to show list price and a net price which is standard in the distribution industry. Price levels and qty levels do not accomodate our complex pricing

I cannot believe that Peachtree now does not have that flexibiliy on a sales invoice when it did umpteen versions ago.

We look at every version that comes out and still DOS version does some critical tasks for us. If we can solve this issue and a couple reports hopefule we can upgrade.

Does anyone else have this issue solution. There was no solution in modifiying a template either.

Jim Dale
07-20-2004, 05:10 AM
The DOS software will continue to work. I still have clients using 10 & 11 still. There is a network of centers that will still support this products for several years. Keep that in mind as you are making your decision.

Other p'tree techs may not agree, but the DOS version is a mature product. It has been in the market for over 20 years.

draxll
08-25-2004, 09:15 AM
Here is my workaround...

We have a list price and an actual selling price. Different items have different dealer discounts off of list.

What we did for our products is put our "list price" number in the Weight field. So the price set up in the item maintenance window is the actual selling price. Then I set up the invoice to show the "weight" column but it is actually the list price. The I changed the title of the column to "LIST".

I thought we could enter the list price as a custom field but you can't get custom fields for inventory items to show up on the invoice.

crimsonmoon
08-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Do you agree with us that we should not have to screw around to try and make a simple industry standard of list and net prices on the invoice.

Our customers expect to see List Discount Net Price.

I just do not get how PeachTree can promote a "Distributor"

product and be so limited to pricing in the inventory menu

I am happy that you have found a solution. We process 90 orders a day and no way can hand caluclate selling price line by line

draxll
08-25-2004, 10:54 AM
I could email you a copy of my invoice form if you want. Contact me off forum at info@blackswamp.com

draxll
08-25-2004, 06:58 PM
We occassionally need to enter a discount as a line item. Really easy to do in Quickbooks as you could create a regular discount as an item (e.g. -5%). Here is the answer we got from support:

If you would like to apply this discount on the sales order you would have to enter it as a separate line item. If you are looking to apply a 10% discount subtotal you, the next line would be as follows:

* You would enter a quantity of -.10.

* Enter a brief description in the "Description column".

* In the unit price column you would enter the subtotal of the
sales order(Total - sales tax).

It will then calculate a 10% discount for the subtotal and thereafter calculate sales tax based on the new subtotal.