PDA

View Full Version : PeachTree E-mail

Rlukey
07-23-2004, 08:29 AM
I had to reinstall my Microsoft Office over the weekend. Now that I'm trying to E-mail an invoice PT wants me to set up my E-mail and use Outlook. As I use Netscape this is a big problem. PT doesn't give me the option to continue using Netscape. PT's wonderful techie told me to call Microsoft as it is a Microsoft problem. I see it as a PT problem if they won't allow a choice. Can anyone provide a solution so that I can start E-mailing again?

TheWolf
07-23-2004, 09:48 AM
Go to control panel and select internet options. Select the Programs tab. Under email check for netscape as a selection. If it is not listed there then it is in fact a Microsoft problem. Peachtree looks at this selection to know what the default email client is.

If the Peachtree tech did not know about this, then attribute it to the quality of support Peachtree gives. This is why I recommend to clients to find a local support center to provide their phone support. It may cost you more but remember the old phrase "You get what you pay for".

Rlukey
07-26-2004, 09:05 AM
I had already done as you suggested and for some reason even after restarting my computer it did not work. A friend suggested that I install an upgrade version of my internet software instead of just updating and see if that helped. It did. This was a new learning experience to say the least.