PDA

View Full Version : Sales Returns

joey
07-28-2004, 12:18 PM
I am a new user to PT Premium. I noticed yesterday, that when I entered some credit memos for defective product returned from a distributor, inventory got debited for these returns. If the product is defective, shouldn't there be a way to move these units to an"RMA" location at $0 dollar value rather than being counted as shippable inventory?

Jim Dale
07-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Inventory should have been debited if it was returned to inventory. If not, you you not use the specific invoice to create the credit memo. You just put in an amount against the proper expense account.

TheWolf
07-29-2004, 12:50 PM
The return would debit inventory. Now you will need to either 1) send it back to the vendor, in which case a vendor credit memo will credit the inventory or 2) write it off and do an Inventory adjustment, change the expense GL to whichever account you want to debit.

joey
07-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by TheWolf
The return would debit inventory. Now you will need to either 1) send it back to the vendor, in which case a vendor credit memo will credit the inventory or 2) write it off and do an Inventory adjustment, change the expense GL to whichever account you want to debit.

Thanks for the advice, "Wolf"