PDA

View Full Version : Serial Numbers

JMCNALLY
08-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Hello,

We recently upgraded from Peachtree Complete Accounting 2003 to Peachtree Premium Accounting for Distribution 2005. One of the reasons we upgraded was to integrate our serial number system into our accounting program, instead of keeping it on a separate Excel spreadsheet. I have tried to understand the way the new program handles serial numbers, but it looks to me like unless I'm creating new inventory items from scratch, I cannot add serial numbers. This is problematic, as we have a large inventory, and the work involved to re-enter each item, as well as the item history we would lose, would be impossible. Am I missing something?

Julia McNally

Jim Dale
08-02-2004, 03:15 PM
No you should be able to assign serial numbers during receiving. You could accomplish that through an import as long as your serial numbers are unique. (Since you refered to history...)

JMCNALLY
08-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Thanks Jim, but I tried to assign serial numbers when receiving and Peachtree gives me the error message to "Please select a line that contains a serialized stock or serialized assemby item before selecting the serial number button."

This is what leads me to believe that the inventory item itself must be defined as a serialized stock or a serialized assembly item, which is what the program will not let me change in maintain inventory items.

Clear as mud?