PDA

View Full Version : move data from PT DOS v11 to PCA v12?

Unregistered
12-11-2001, 07:07 PM
Folks,

I'm helping my wife's company upgrade from Peachtree DOS v11 to Peachtree Classic for Windows v12. I'm pretty much their IT guy, so while I'm saavy in computers, systems, and network operations, the inner workings of Peachtree are beyond my scope (in fact, it baffles me).

Anyway, she's been using v11 for DOS on a Win 98 machine for some time, and just bought the upgrade to PCA v12 for Windows. The installation went fine, but there is nothing in the docs or online help about how to migrate her data (she's got two companies, and uses the AP and GL modules only) from her old version to the new version.

I can't find anything about "importing", "converting", or "upgrading" or otherwise moving data.

There's gotta be some simple utility or command to run, no? I thought one of the benefits of PCA v12, for DOS users, was that no data conversion was needed.

Thanks in advance,
-mike

Diane Koers
12-12-2001, 06:47 PM
There is no conversion of data between 11 and 12. It's mainly a matter of pointing the program to the location of the data. Did you install V12 on top of V11 or in a different folder? Is it on the same machine or a different one?

I can better help if I know the answers to the above.

jleon68
12-13-2001, 05:06 PM
how do you do it using Peachtree DOS v11? I have posted this question here on a previous occassion but have had no luck. I need to upload this data to another accounting application. I understand I can create tab or comma delimite files from peachtree but i don't know of a utility to do so.

Any direction in this subject would be greatly appreciated.

thank you...

Unregistered
12-14-2001, 09:52 AM
Diane,

I installed v12 into the default folder (\PCA), but v11 was installed in another folder \Peach6.

I ended up creating the two companies I needed in v12, activating their AP modules, and quitting v12. This created the necessary folders and files \PCA\01apdata, for example)

I then copied the files for company 01 from \peach6\apdata to \pca\01apdata. Did the same for the other company.

We ran some tests, and everything appears to be OK for both companies.

Will we run into any issues later on, like at year-end?

The real issue now is getting it to print correctly. v12 seems to lack the ability to tweak the printer the way v11 could.

Thanks for any info,
-mike
mcaputo@animationbureau.com
www.animationbureau.com

Diane Koers
12-16-2001, 09:32 AM
You shouldn't run into any difficulties at year end. Just remember they are two different sets of data now, not one, so don't use both versions, unless you delete one set of data and point the other version to the same data. Use the Utilba feature in the PCA folder to do that.

Baytek
12-17-2001, 04:39 PM
This reply is to jleon68.

You can use Peachtree Data Query (PDQ-letter Q from your Main Menu of Peachtree) to export data to ascii, lotus and other file formats. Just use the Type of Output as "Transfer".

For more information, email enduserssupport@baytek.com.