PDA

View Full Version : Is PT right for Mortgage Company

nrueth
08-14-2004, 10:08 AM
I have read a lot of the threads in this forum and have noticed many pertain to the manufacturing/distribution industry. We are a mortgage origination company that currently uses Quickbooks Pro 2003. We do not have any inventory but, have 120 loan officers that I need to track expenses and commissions for. We also are starting an insurance company and construction company. We are looking at PT because QB doesn't allow us to merge company financials and is too basic for the nuances of our businesses. My question is ... can PT be a fit for us?

Jim Dale
08-14-2004, 10:42 AM
It just happens that p'tree released an upgrade last winter for the manufacturing/distribution industry. P'tree works well in a lot of scenarios. You can consolidate financials with the premium product, you'll have to report on some of your specific concerns to know if it will not handle your business. You can test it on line or order a demo from www.peachtree.com

CATCHCLAW
06-16-2005, 09:23 AM
I haven't had to mess with it in our small construction, real estate, engineering, forestry, operation. (don't get me started on explaining "sybil")....

However, you can track things by employee or sales person in the complete version. It has time tracking/billing and job costing; when you create an invoice you can apply employee "time tickets" to it, and also put in the employee id so that the sale is credited to that employee or salesperson.

You can also apply employee "expense tickets" to an invoice. We can pick up if an employee has used a company vehicle and reported mileage on a particular customer/project, if he was reimbursed out of pocket expenses, and any time he billed to the client.

Hope this helps....