PDA

View Full Version : Premium 2005 Accountants' edition

livianin
08-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Hi,
Has anyone had any experience with Peachtree Premium Accounting 2005 Accountant's Edition ?

Does it has the same modules as Peachtree Premium Accounting 2005 for distribution has ?

I am planning on using it in my store chain and what attracted
me the most is that it can consolidate multiple companies and stronger accounting editing features, but I was wondering if it carried the same inventory, account receivable and invoice modules that regular Peachtree Premium Accounting 2005 has.

I notice that the accountants' edition is cheaper than the distribution or manufacturing edition. For what I found at Peachtree site, this edition does everything the others can do.

Would it be possible to get the accountants´edition and create a distributing company and use it in the same way as if it were a normal distribution version package ?

What is the purpose of having a version that is a recopilation of other premium versions at a cheaper price ? Are there any limitations on the accountants edition ?

Its a pity that Peachtree does not provide more information at their site about this edition.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kaufman

Jim Dale
08-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Hard to believe you may be correct on this. (As it pertains to the Dist and Mfg editions). I would assume that some functionality would be missing. I have the accts edition. That is the one p'tree sends to centers. I can read any data, but, I don't know if I can create data for the distributors or mfg's editions. I know I don't have all of the distributors or mfg's reports in the accts version.

However in every other way it has the same features as premium.

Diane Koers
08-17-2004, 04:29 PM
The 2004 Accountants version did not support the Mfg/Dist versions, but the 2005 Accountants version does. When you create a company, it asks you what flavor you want the data. If you select Mfg, then you get all the Mfg options when you open that company.

HTH