PDA

View Full Version : Bank Deposit Screen

sherylk1
08-18-2004, 05:08 PM
For some reason the Bank Deposit screen is showing all checks at negative balances, credits as positives and when a check is applied to 2 invoices the check is listed and added twice on the Deposit. Giving me a negative balance.

It just started doing this recently. I'm sure someone changed a setting somewhere, but where?

How can I change it back to the default or "normal" deposit?

Hope someone can help.

Jim Dale
08-20-2004, 02:22 AM
Run Data Verification if you have 2004 or 2005. Otherwise run data checker--you can download it from this forum. Just to make sure it is not a data problem 1st.

TheWolf
08-20-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by sherylk1
For some reason the Bank Deposit screen is showing all checks at negative balances, credits as positives and when a check is applied to 2 invoices the check is listed and added twice on the Deposit. Giving me a negative balance.

It just started doing this recently. I'm sure someone changed a setting somewhere, but where?

How can I change it back to the default or "normal" deposit?

Hope someone can help.

Bring up those transactions and check the GL Numbers that are being used. Check for duplicate entries. Use the General Ledger report to audit that cash account. Once all of that is done, then follow Jim's directions. Usually it is entries not properly entered that cause something like this.

sherylk1
09-02-2004, 08:09 AM
Your suggestions did the trick! Thanks for your help. You guys are the PeachTree Gurus!