PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturers/Distributors in 2005?

brfrompa
08-19-2004, 09:18 AM
We are soon to up grade from Complete 4.0 to Complete 2005 multi users pack. I was reading another post and it mentioned manufacturers/distributors version. Is this a different package?

We are a small chemical company that tracks formulas, certificates of origin, and shipments with a inhouse written approach database. Would this other version consolidate these functions?

FakeFlam
08-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Peachtree Premium Accounting for Manufacturing and Peachtree Premium Accounting for Distribution are distinct offerings and do include additional functionality beyond Complete.

There's a fair bit of information about these products under the 'Industry Solutions' section of www.peachtree.com.

I think that you'll find these products more appropriate for discrete manufacturing than process, which may affect your interest.

brfrompa
08-19-2004, 12:08 PM
I did look there. I filled out the request for more information. I can see the problem with discrete v process. I could probably force it to work if it handles parts quanitites as decimal fractions. If parts are integers only it's not working.