PDA

View Full Version : data verification errors

gkaste
08-20-2004, 07:22 AM
Approx three weeks ago we made the move from peachtree 2002 complete to 2005 preimer for manufacturing. For the last three weeks everything has been fine, but last night while running data verification the following errors came up:

Account 12000 does not foot in the General Ledger becasue of an imbalance in the chart of accounts. The Chart/Journal data synchronization test was performed to resolve this error.

Account 58600 does not foot in the General Ledger becasue of an imbalance in the chart of accounts. The Chart/Journal data synchronization test was performed to resolve this error.

Apparently these errors were fixed, but can anyone please tell me what exactally these mean, and if this could be a sign of data corruption.

Thank you
Garrett Kaste

TheWolf
08-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Yes this is a sign of possible data corruption or database sync errors.

I have a customer that had the same problem, but his was alot worse. It was so severe that we had to go to the pre-conversion backup, restore it in the previous version, run chart/journal sync test and then converted the data again. There were still a few problems, as we ran data verification again with a few errors. I noticed these errors were caused by closed year transactions so we restored the backup made prior to Data Verification, purged the database and then ran data verification without any errors.

I still feel that the Peachtree database has a problem with handling prior year transactions that involve inventory. The only solution I have found to this, is to keep your database purged of old transactions.

Also, I have seen problems with the prepayments function in payments and receipts. I recommend not using these features. You can just as easily use credit memos and change what would normally be the income account to a cash account (this causes a debit to your cash for money coming in for customer deposits and a credit to the AR account. reverse everything for AP). Then this prepayment/credit memo can be applied normally through receipts or payments (depending on whether it is AP or AR).

gkaste
08-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah, our girl in the front office called Peachtree support and I guess its a pretty big deal.

Today is my last day of work, so... I hope they figure it out!

Thanks for the help.

I hope I never have to use peachtree again.

Garrett