PDA

View Full Version : Transaction Periods

momofbrady
08-21-2004, 12:34 PM
I just noticed that data exported from period 15 is showing a transaction period of 31 when I look at the file in Excel.

How and why does this happen?

I've seen this before but I can't remember if it mattered or not. I am tempted to start a new company and move all the data to the new company - AFTER deleting the transaction period column first of course. But now I am wondering if it will be more time consuming and not as necessary as I think.

Is there a problem? Will synchronizing the data fix this?

Thanks for your help!
Dana

Jim Dale
08-21-2004, 01:52 PM
This is Not a problem. You don't need to pay any attention to the transaction period. I never use them in my import/export unless I don't change any fields. But my question is why are you exporting? To create a new company?

momofbrady
08-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Thanks Jim! I knew I had seen that before but couldn't remember if it caused problems. Thank you!

The reason: remember that company of mine that is interfaced with Tracker? Well, we've had MORE data corruption since then. We are thinking it may be that their building is too close to a radio station and/or a cellphone tower but we're still not sure what is causing the corrpution. Their bookkeeping has been on hold until they could get a new PC. They have still been using Tracker - but not Peachtree.

They have finally got the new PC and when they loaded Tracker and Peachtree - nobody told them about these "defaults" in Tracker that needed to be set. Because they were not set - we had several hundred transactions hit Peachtree all in one month. They actually belonged to 3 different months. So - I had to take the transactions from their PC and change the date in Excel before importing them into my data (Peachtree) at my office. That was when I noticed the transaction period.

I'll let you know if them getting a new PC with a new OS (they were using Win97) fixed the problem. Keep your fingers crossed for us that it does not happen again!

Thanks!
Dana