PDA

View Full Version : Print cancelled due to pdf cannot be created

professor
08-25-2004, 09:12 AM
My print job on Customer Statements gets cancelled due to: print job cancelled due to pdf could not be created.
I have been printing everything else just fine, to the printer, to adobe, excel, now this with the Cust Stmt?
I cannot even view it, for the same error message.

Jim Dale
08-25-2004, 11:31 PM
Mrscott had this post on another thread:

"ok - I am going to try and explain how we handled this situation....please bear in mind - I am an accountant not an IT person. We are using Windows XP.

"form printing cancelled because of printer error".

PeachTree installs the PDF Converter when you create an invoice for the first time after opening the software for the day. Meaning, if you open PT, pdf an invoice, close PT, then open PT again, the PDF converter will have to be created again because PT deletes the converter after closing PT.

In XP, you have to be signed on as Administrator, or at least as someone who has the rights to add/modify printers, in order to be able to install a printer. That is how PDF Converter works. It will install it when you try to print. BUT...it will fail if you are not logged in as someone who can add/remove printers.

Assuming you aren't using an admin account in XP, I would say try and see if you can print to PDF while using an Admin account. If so, then you have solved your problem. If you are wise enough not to want to run as admin, you should be able to just give your standard id the rights under XP to work with printers.

See link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...Product=win2000 "

professor
08-26-2004, 08:35 AM
Jim,
Thanks for your reply. However, I can print and preview reports, invoices, etc. in adobe. It is just this statement that is causing problems. I cannot even view it online. It starts to produce the "view" as you can see it running through the page numbers, then gets to about 12 and I get the error message. The message ends with "please call PT tech support".
I have printed and viewed statements prior to this, although I do seem to recall similar problems....

Jim Dale
08-26-2004, 08:08 PM
I haven't seen this specifically, but it could be memory if everything prints correctly. If you have additional printing problems, I would change printer drivers. What is your operating system and version?

TheWolf
08-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by professor
Jim,
Thanks for your reply. However, I can print and preview reports, invoices, etc. in adobe. It is just this statement that is causing problems. I cannot even view it online. It starts to produce the "view" as you can see it running through the page numbers, then gets to about 12 and I get the error message. The message ends with "please call PT tech support".
I have printed and viewed statements prior to this, although I do seem to recall similar problems....

Do you have Adobe distiller? If so, have you tried printing to it?