PDA

View Full Version : Prem 2004 Terminal Services

swamps
08-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Unfortunatly I made the mistake of thinking Peactree 2004 Preminum was compatable with Terminal Services (Windows 2003). I am now searching for ways to make it work or alternatives.

I read in other threads ways to fiddle with the *.ini files. This seems to only be appropriate in older releases of the software. Please advise if I am wrong.

I am looking for ways to make this work on Terminal services. If you know a way please post it (with directions).

If you have suggestions for alternative ways to make this work please post them also.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Dale
09-06-2004, 03:21 PM
The official line is that it doesn't work. Actually there is some testing going on currently with 2005. Check back occasionally with a support center as I am sure it will happen eventually. Right at the moment, I have seen people use products like pcAnywhere with success.

fjcmgua
10-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Making some changes in the w2k registry is possible to make run the software in multiuser sessions, but only until the 9.0 release. From 2003 release It can run only for one user. The license agreement states that it is not possible.

bkconsulting
12-14-2004, 10:13 PM
I was sort of forced into figuring this one out. My acct mngr at Peachtree responded to an email question about TS and indicated that it would be available with Peachtree Prem 2005...later they back peddled (must have run into some issues with licensing) anyway I now have it working and have used it many times to provide support to a client out of town. Apparently the catch is that you must copy the PPA###.ini file to the users home windows directory on the server. I have not tried printing locally with this setup; but, I have tried copying files back and forth and have had to resort to internet transfer via xdrive.com.

A better approach seems to be with TS and VPN working together. I don't know the details of the setup; but, if you are interested, please email me and I will put you in touch with their IT person. Printing and file copying is a breeze in their setup.

To keep legitimate with the licensing, I have been having all points of entry and the point of origination purchase their own SingleUser or MultiUser copy of Peachtree based on their local environmental setup. Another thing which I have assumed to be obvious, you need to have peachtree installed on any computer which will need to be accessing the core server.

Beverly Krachtus
beverly@bkconsulting.com