PDA

View Full Version : Data File Location

Unregistered
12-14-2001, 02:05 PM
I recently upgraded a computer on our network from Win98 to Win2k pro. I set it up on the network as usual and then reinstalled Peachtree Classic V12.05 as usual and set up the program to read data from another machine set up as the F: drive. When I went back to the machine which stores the data(running Win98), it was searching for data files on the f: drive. I corrected that so the machine searched on the c: drive and sure enough, the new machine was looking on the c: drive. I have tried reinstalling the program, but that did not work. Could it be the way the network was set up or is this a problem with Peachtree?

Baytek
12-17-2001, 04:53 PM
Do you have a "SET PCADATA=" statement in your autoexec.bat?

Do both machines have the program installed for PCA?

If you have pcadata= in your autoexec.bat, rem it out.

If both machines have the program installed, then they both should read the comp.d@@ file which stores the datapath for each module. Run UTILBA, Set datapath location, from the peachtree program directory DOS prompt. Make sure the path is set correctly for each machine.

For more information, email enduserssupport@baytek.com.

Unregistered
12-18-2001, 09:57 AM
Originally, I did not have SET PCADATA, so I added that and it changed nothing. I have PCA installed on both machines and have run UTILBA. If I change the file location on one machine, they change on the other machine.

I was wondering if it could do with the network settings on either machine. Perhaps upgrading my final computer to Win2K pro will eliminate this problem.

It's very frustrating as I don't believe I did anything differently than before and cannot solve this problem.