PDA

View Full Version : Prem2005Man questions

Jim@jkmicro
09-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Work orders) We are an electronics manufacturer and we do builds of several assemblies at one time. We may need 100 of one assembly, 250 of another and 50 of a third. We were hoping that Work Tickets in Prem2005 would allow us to combine all 3 buiilds and then do purchase orders to fill the combined shortages. It appears not. It looks as though we have to do work tickets for each assembly. As a result, we'd have to create multiple purchase orders to the same vender. Am I correct or is there a way to do what I want?

Speed) Seems about half the speed of Peachtree 2002. Anyone else see this?

Networking) Hoping to migrate from Workgroups peer-to-peer to Active Directory client server. It appears that there's no advantage.

Crystal Reports) Has a problem opening a bunch of reports, no clue as to how to fix it. Slow as molasses.

Please give me some input. We've sunk some money into this and at this point, it looks like it's not worth implementing.

Jim Dale
09-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Work Orders) I believe you are correct. You might want to ask if anyone has figured out how to combine POs in Excel or Pawcom in another post

Speed) & Networking) I would not use peer to peer. Make sure you have XP SP2 if you are using XP

Crystal) Open crystal first. It seems to load much more quickly then. All or most reports use the sample company data. Did you load the sample data

Jim@jkmicro
09-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Work Orders) We're already doing that with Pawcom and a neat VB program our intern wrote. We were hoping for a little tighter integration and having everything in one package.

Speed and Networking) We've been running peach 2002 and earlier under Win98SE and peer-to-peer for about 4 years without any problems. What will improve with client/server? I've heard that it's slower. In principle, I agree that client/server should be better, but I need convincing that in practice, with peachtree, that it is.

Crystal Reports) Thanks for the tip. No, I did not load the sample company and that's probably it.

The real issue is whether to deploy 2005 or not. It's looking like not, unless I can come up with some real reasons why it will be an improvement. We've already bought the package and it's too late to return it for credit so that's not the issue.

Jim Dale
09-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Well I hate to 'dis a product because I do resell Peachtree. I haven't been selling Mfg or Dist because something happened to the speed between 2004 and 2005. Do you want to test 2004?

Jim@jkmicro
09-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the offer. What would I gain over 2002? Would Pawcom still work?

Jim Dale
09-07-2004, 06:36 PM
There is a work ticket, and a mfg version. It is faster than 2005.