PDA

View Full Version : Branch Offices

nrueth
09-10-2004, 01:24 PM
We are currently using Quickbooks Pro Edition 2003. It has some quirks, but I have been able to devise work arounds for almost everything except...our branch offices. We are a mortgage broker and are opening up branch offices in six different states in 2005. The "class" option in Quickbooks is not a good solution, so we started looking at other options. Peachtree has come up, but I'm afraid we are trading one similar software for another. Does Peachtree offer a superior solution for tracking branch revenue and expenses without dirtying the main office's numbers or do we need to look at other options? If other options is your answer, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a ton!
Nicole

FakeFlam
09-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Peachtree Premium 2005 offers you a couple of different ways to deal with multiple branches.

You could create a GL structure with account segments to keep separate each branch's P/L. You could then create financial statements for individual branches or collectively.

Alternatively, you could set up each location as a separate company and consolidate financials as needed.

Would each branch be doing their own data entry or would someone at the main office input transactions for all?

nrueth
09-10-2004, 02:16 PM
I would be entering receipts for the main office as well as branch offices, also all cash would go through the one checking account...so setting up different companies wouldn't make sense. Each branch would operate as a net branch - with branch managers making commissions on revenues minus expenses.

FakeFlam
09-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Account segments could work well then. You would just define a segment for branch and you'd be off to the races. You'd be able to report financials separately for each branch.