PDA

View Full Version : freight/taxes/discounts on accounts payable

catrog
09-16-2004, 09:59 AM
I am trying to implement Peachtree for our company. My first problems seem simple, but I cannot figure them out. When we are entering bills to pay, how do I account for freight/taxes/discounts, and are they handled differently when they relate to items ordered through a purchase order versus a non-PO related purchase? Keep in mind that for any vendor we may or may not be charged freight or taxes depending on what is ordered and the circumstances behind the order. Also, our vendors offer discounts on some items ordered but not on others, so the discount cannot be figured by taking a percentage of the invoice. Our old system pops up a screen to allow us to enter any freight, tax or discount at the time the invoice is entered. Please help.

jcnixon
09-21-2004, 06:57 AM
It sounds like there is no easy standard procedure for your purchases, you would have to handle each on an individual basis and circumstance.

Suggestion: for the taxes, enter a description line on your po or in your purchase receive inventory window for 'taxes on purchases' using the corresponding g/l account. You can do the same for freight. For your discounts, you would have to manually figure your discount based on what your vendors allow and in the 'terms' box click on the arrow, when 'terms information' box opens, you can enter your discount information, due date, etc.

Hope I understood your question.

Jan

asinger3
11-16-2005, 12:44 PM
When setting up a vendor, you should be able to enter more than one GL for your purchases. It would be nice if you could enter one for freight and discounts or whatever applies so that you do not have to manually enter the GL on the second and third lines with each invoice received.

Is there a reason that Peachtree only allows you to enter a default on one line?

Lisa_p
11-17-2005, 08:03 AM
A default by definition is one choice. If there are 2 choices, it's no longer a default.

But I agree - it would be nice to be able to assign multiple GLs to a vendor, for example interest expense and a loan account for loan payments.