PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from first accounting

foodsecrets
09-16-2004, 07:35 PM
I am currently running Peachtree First Accounting 2003. Management wants more features. Premium Accounting 2005 has been decided upon.

My concerns are if all my data with convert smoothly? Meaning will all the G/L accounts, payroll, AP, AR balances transfer from one program to the other?..........And will I be able to be working in 2003 in the morning, install 2005, and the afternoon be working in 2005?

I am not trained in accounting, and do not know how to set up books from scratch if the unthinkable happens. Is there a down-side I need to be aware of? Geesh am I nervous, my heart is pounding just thinking of converting.

All opinions appreciated! Many thanks!

Foodsecrets

FakeFlam
09-17-2004, 10:15 AM
I can't envision any problem with your conversion. It should proceed seamlessly, but just in case, do make a backup of your data before initiating the conversion.

There may be some additional setup required in Premium as there is much functionality that will be brand new to you.

foodsecrets
09-28-2004, 05:53 PM
You sound confident the transition will be smooth.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm feeling more relaxed.

finewhatever2
09-29-2004, 08:44 AM
You have nothing to worry about. I converted recently exactly the same as you are about to do. Be sure to follow the directions exactly--including making a good backup of your data before doing the upgrade. Best of luck!

foodsecrets
01-03-2005, 05:44 PM
For all out there............

My conversion went very, very good. I let the wizard run and left my desk. All information converted properly on the first attempt.

Thanks