PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from Peachtree Complete V12.0 for DOS

Robertsprecisio
10-02-2004, 09:02 PM
I have been a user since V1.0
If you were there too, you know what we've been through. I was reluctant to upgrade to any Windows application because the speed of data entry with a mouse is just too slow. Finally Peach retired the DOS versions, and so I upgraded.

I am sad to lose over a decade of transaction records. All those invoices, all that job history, all gone. Peach tells me that there is no way to move the detail into the new program. I guess that's life.

So, now I have done the conversion, manually input invoices rather than accept blanket 'beginning balances' and tweaked everything to suit me, with the exception of payroll.

In this state, we have one tax that is calculated as a rate x hours worked. In the DOS version I had to calculate it by hand and input it. How does this new system handle such things? How about employee contributions to a medical plan that are pre-tax deductions?

I am sure it's very simple, but the examples in the manual are not at all clear to me.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

I was an absolute expert with the DOS version, and now I am an absolute novice with Peachtree Premium Accounting, 2005.

That hurts!

RVB

PS: The next day, I really dug into the manual and online help, and all my questions were answered...and the example given was even my weird state. Amazing.

This is *really* encouraging!

Jim Dale
10-12-2004, 03:00 PM
I started with v 3 in 1988.

I suggest maintaining your v12 files for backup.

You can use pdq to create transactions to import, but its a lot of trouble...

I still have several dos versions on my xp box so I can continue to support them

bofahs
01-08-2005, 12:32 PM
I started with v.2 in 1986? and got to be quite expert. I use Job Cost a lot! I'm a complete novice and don't know how I can get goping fast - I need it like every day.
I use hundreds of cost codes to apply materials costs to jobs. In DOS, this was done by entering miscellaneous costs daily, just after the time sheets in Job Cost. How do I do that in Premium?

M GO BLUE
01-14-2005, 04:41 AM
You probably want to hire some help. Job cost in DOS is a module in windows it is an afterthought. You attach jobs to transactions