PDA

View Full Version : Inventory Profitability Report


JMCNALLY
10-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Hello,
I noticed something strange today and I have not been able to determine a cause, but I thought someone out there might have an idea.
I use the inventory profitability report to determine sales on some items that we pay royalties on. I ran a report for the third quarter, and it showed 2 of the items being sold during that time. I became suspicious of this data, however, when I noticed that the report showed the cost at zero.
In the find transactions screen, I ran a search looking for any sales of those two items during that period, which found no transactions!
But in the maintain inventory screen the history tab does indeed show two sales -- and I am unable to pinpoint these sales.
Any idea what could be going on?

Julia

TheWolf
10-06-2004, 08:38 AM
It is a history sync error. Do a search on the forums for inventory/journal sync test. Make a backup and then follow those instructions or contact a support line to assist you.

JMCNALLY
10-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I just got around to trying this now. I ran Data Verification, which said there were no problems, but the inventory report is still inaccurate. How do I run the inventory/journal sync test (2005 does not have Integrity Check under File). Thanks-

Julia

Jim Dale
10-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Yeah Tom is laid up for the moment. The synch is available as a choice using the integrity option. peachw.exe -i.

I would not do this unless you are very comfortable with doing peachtree support yourself, or you have a contract. If you decide to, make sure you have a good backup. You can fix your data but you can also mess it up.

TheWolf
10-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah I went through some back surgery and recuping now.

In addition to Jim's suggestions, run this test on the host computer (server) as it takes a while and will run faster and with less chance of problems.

JMCNALLY
10-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks Tom and Jim,

I contacted Tech Support (on the day before it expired!) and they walked me through Data Synchronization, which fixed the problem. The exact steps I did are as follows (for anyone who is interested):

1) Back up data
2) Change period to first available period
3) Under file, select Integrity Check (I had to run exe -i to get this to appear as an option)
4) In that screen, select reindex files, and then reindex the following, one by one, in this order:
-line item
-inv cost
-journal header
-journal row
5) Run the following Data Synchronization test:
Inventory/Journal synch test

It took a little while to do all this, but it solved the problem. Thanks again for all your help.

Julia