PDA

View Full Version : Error Msgs in Change Acct Period & Backup Function

siennasky
10-14-2004, 10:37 AM
I am getting an error message when I try to backup or change accounting periods. Here's the message:
"You are attempting to perform an operation on your company data that requires single user access or another user is performing operations which prohibits any other user from accessing the co."

I am the only user even tho this is Premium for Multiuser we have no other users right now and haven't had.

I was told by Peachtree support to go to Task Mgr and highlight the W32 and remove and to say OK to Caution message of deleting important files and corrupting data (I don't trust them. They've given me bogus info in the past)

Has anyone experienced this problem? What do you do?
Thanks
Cynthia Jennings
Sienna Sky Jewlery

hmgarrett
10-26-2004, 12:33 PM
I am getting the same error. Did you ever resolve your problem? Does anyone have some input or a solution?

Thanks

harry

Jim Dale
10-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Try rebooting the server or computer that has the data files on it. If you still have a problem delete the *.lck & *.ptl files from the company subdirectory

Sometimes lock files are created on the "server" which do not get deleted when you reboot. Different things can cause this, I see it most often when there are improper shutdowns of peachtree at different workstations. Once you reboot, those lck & ptl files can be deleted but only if everyone is out of peachtree. keep track of this problem. it may help to know what has been happening if you get data corruption later.

Noone can be in the company you want to delete those files from. They won't delete if someone is in the company. It's usually easier to kick everyone out of peachtree first.