PDA

View Full Version : automatically open a company

mhco
07-19-2001, 01:54 PM
What is the command that can be put in the pcw80.ini file that will automatically open a company - bypassing the open company screen? I have seen this done, but don't know the correct syntax.
Thanks for your help.

Diane Koers
07-20-2001, 09:45 AM
It's actually done from within Peachtree. Click on Options, and remove the check mark from View Startup Screen. PT will then open directly to the last open company.

mhco
07-20-2001, 12:28 PM
This does not appear to work in our Complete Accounting version 8 setup. We have the company's data stored on the server in a multi-user client server setup. When I remove the view startup screen option, I close Peachtree and reopen and still get the company prompt at startup.

asphelpdeskinc
07-21-2001, 10:09 AM
Since you tried what Dianne suggested without results, I would bet that your installation was done as if Peachtree was to be run on a single machine, and you mention it is in a network environment.

Check your PCW80.INI file in the C:\Windows directory. You will find a section that reads like this:

; The DATAPATH is where the errorlog, the help file, the form files, and the
; OPTIONS.DAT file are found. In addition, each set of "Company Data" is
; located in its own subdirectory off of this DATAPATH. The default value
; is "C:\PEACHW".
DATAPATH=C:\PEACHW

If this line just above refers to the C:\PEACHW directory, change it to point to the logical drive where your company data resides such as:

DATAPATH=F:\PEACHW

Jim Ronson
http://www.asphelpdeskinc.com