PDA

View Full Version : Reports won't print in Landscape

KJKinMN
12-17-2004, 01:06 PM
I am a Peachtree Premium 2005 user having a problem getting my custom reports to print in Landscape mode. Recently we had to replace the computer Peachtree is loaded on, ever since, these reports will not print in Landscape even though the setup shows it being in Landscape.

It doesn't appear to be a printer problem because all other programs will print this way. I've also tried printing to all the other printers in the office and still it will not work.

Any ideas how to fix?

M GO BLUE
12-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Actually, it could be a printer driver problem. Did your operating system change? Peachtree is a bit particular about printers. Tell us what changed with the computer.

KJKinMN
12-18-2004, 07:12 AM
The previous computer was Windows ME and the new computer is XP. Our printers are HP Laserjet 2300 and HP Laserjet 2200.

I did download the current printer driver for the 2300 which didn't help.

We have also replaced the computer on one of our workstations a month ago, also changing from ME to XP. This station has the 2200 printer and up until now it was having no problem printing the reports.

The newest computer is where the data files are located so I'm wondering if the problem was created when copying the files from the old computer to the new.

Thanks for any help

M GO BLUE
12-18-2004, 07:59 AM
Can the workstationsstill print in landscape? I assume they did before? Did it fail using the old driver first? Did you uninstall the printer and reinstall with the new driver?

KJKinMN
12-18-2004, 02:22 PM
No, the workstation will no longer print in landscape to any printer in the office either, which is why I've pretty much ruled out a printer problem.

M GO BLUE
12-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Actually I believe it's still the printer. This is not always a simple fix.

So this is peer to peer? There is no file server or print server?

It would seem that changing the computer where peachtree resides changed some of your abilities because of the driver change. You should try printing in landscape with the standard reports.

IF THAT WORKS, then you may be able redesign the custom reports, try changing something and see if it saves your changes, or try to fix them to work with the new driver. You might have to delete the report.dat. (Which will erase all of the custom reports). You can try copying them to the sample compny first, and then delete the report.dat.

You should also try them with the sample company after you back up that data.. The bad thing is that if there is a compatibility problem with the driver, you may not be able to fix your custom reports. Something corrupts? the dat file that holds the custom report when the driver is incompatible. So, you may also have to try this with an earlier model of that driver, or a driver for a more generic printer.

You might find it easier to hire a professional to help with this problem You should also search previous posts, I believe Tom (the Wolf) has discussed a similar problem before.

peachfuzzcpa
01-06-2005, 06:22 PM
I noticed a similar problem with a new client setup. I had created a Payroll Group report containing about 5 reports for payroll end reporting. All the reports were the standard reports, but I wanted one to print in landscape mode, so I opened the report, went to page setup and changed it to landscape, used Save AS and gave it a new name, and added it to the report group.

Now when I print that group I get the original report in portrait (and thus cut off the last two columns), but I also get the modified one in landscape that prints everything. I haven't yet deleted the portrait report from the group, but I just throw it in the shredder (only 2 pages long).