PDA

View Full Version : classic 12 over a network

salion
01-05-2002, 01:00 PM
Running windows NT 4.0 server. Unable to access pcamenu.exe on other machines. Have 7 machines needing peachtree and it only works on two. Have not installed the program on the individual machines. We ran version 11 off the network without installing the program on each machine, just pointed to the program on the network. We were previously on a Novell network with version 11. Is there something that doesn't allow version 12 to work that way?

Any and all help appreciated!!

ps. have also disabled auto-protect on all the machines.

otownrex
01-29-2002, 01:28 PM
I never tried running Peachtree directly over the network. I know that the program is suppose to run faster if you install it on each workstation. Use the server for the datafiles only.

johnp900
02-07-2002, 07:44 PM
Did you get your problem resolved?

salion
02-08-2002, 10:24 AM
No, but I think we're giving up and going back to version 11. Having TOO many problems with classic 12. Especially printing. Talked to Peachtree support and they say 12 has SEVERE printing problems and have no fix for it yet. I still have to revert back to 11 to print quite a few things anyway.

Anyone have any helpful hints for running version 11 on a windows NT network?

johnp900
02-08-2002, 10:36 AM
Contact me directly @ johnp900@yahoo.com. I have some setup info I can fax to you that might help. I ran version 11 for years on NT 4.0 & switched to 12 with no problems printing once all the setup was done. I use a mix of dot & lasers printers through the network.