PDA

View Full Version : Date Proble With Pt Comp 7.0

Unregistered
07-20-2001, 11:03 PM
I HAVE TO CHANGE THE DATE EVERY TIME I ENTER PEACHTREE 7.0. FOR SOME REASON IT REVERTS TO MARCH 8 2004 AFTER I CLOSE THE PROGRAM. THE SYSTEM DATE IN THE BIOS AND THE WINDOWS DATE ARE CORRECT. SOMEONE SAID IT MAY THAT THERE IS A TRANSACTION POSTED AT A FUTURE DATE, IF SO HOW DO I CORRECT

Baytek
07-23-2001, 10:47 AM
You can check for transactions posted in future dates by printing your journals for a wide range of dates (i.e. from 7-31-01 to 3-31-2004). You can enter the date range for each journal found in Peachtree under the Reports Menu. If you find a transaction in the future period, decide if the date needs to be corrected on the transaction or delete it.

You might also try the following:
1. Mak a backup of your current company by selecting File, Backup (just backup to the hard drive).
1. Create a new company
Just put in "Test" for the company name and then accept all the defaults on the rest of the screens
2. Restore your backup from your current company to the test company
(From the Test Company, select File, Restore
Browse to find the file that has your backup for your current company and select it to Open)

For more information, email support@baytek.com.

asphelpdeskinc
07-23-2001, 11:00 AM
I would be very surprised to find a transaction with a date in 2004. Even if you were just beginning a new fiscal year now, the latest date that could be posted to in Peachtree would be June of 2003.

Even accidental imports of transactions will error out because you "cannot import transactions dated beyond the end of NEXT year".

Did you just start the company by using one of the sample companies that shipped with Peachtree? Perhaps one of those sample company files got mixed up with your real data???

Weird! Keep us informed.

Jim Ronson
http://www.asphelpdeskinc.com