PDA

View Full Version : how in the world do you do over the counter transactions

Rdexter
07-21-2001, 10:05 PM
I am new to Peachtree. The company that I am now with, however, has had it for several years. They have never used the computer for "over the counter sales", therefore it seems work is duplicated with hand written receipts and then posting to the computer. How can I use Peachtree to "ring up" a customer over the counter with a cash sale, or a charge to their account sale? And, can I set it up not to require a customer name, but to invoice a cash sale, and give a customer a "receipt" (the printed result)? By the way, we have Peachtree 12.0

Jesinia
07-22-2001, 08:09 PM
I am new to Peachtree too. But, in the version that we just bought it says to set up a RETAIL-01 customer (in the customer database). Then, walk-in sales customers can be put into this customer id. Then, you go to Sales > Receipts and print the receipt after you've entered all the data. You can also save the record of the transaction at this time. Peachtree will automatically put a receipt number in (after it has been "primed" with the first number).

In version 9.0 (our version) the receipt form is half sheet with duplicate information top and bottom. You tear it in half (or use the perforated form). You keep one, the customer gets the other.
You have to modify the receipt form to put in your company name and such.

Hope this helps

Unregistered
07-22-2001, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I will check that out on Monday. Although your version is different, you may have given me the lead I needed. Thanks!