PDA

View Full Version : Sales History Report Overstated

LDRYSDALE
07-21-2001, 11:05 PM
Using Pt v8, the sales history is showing both open years for periods starting in July. This problem happened last year with v7 and I can't remember how I fixed it although I remember it took days and involved using integrity checks. Has anyone had an experience like this? We all know Peachtree is no help. Thoughts and ideas welcome!

asphelpdeskinc
07-22-2001, 09:15 AM
It sounds like you are describing a "doubling up" effect. If your history report and if you go into maintain inventory items history tab, and they show activity that represents this July's activity PLUS last July's activity being reported as current - this is the fix:

1-Back Up, Back Up, Back Up ... (can't say this enough)

2-Start Peachtree with integrity check option enabled by using command line C:\PEACHW\PEACHW.EXE -i
from the START - RUN

3-It reminds you not to forget step 1! If you did, choose continue.

4-Choose Data Synchronization Test - Inventory/Journal

Yes, this does take a long time. It unposts ALL transactions, then reposts them. If you are on a slow computer and have a lot of transactions, I have seen it take days. Best to run overnight or on a weekend. If you are on a network, I would consider taking a backup to a single computer disconnected from the network (fast with lots of memory) and restoring it to the local drive. Run the fix, check the results, backup the repaired data and then restore it to your network.

This should fix it.

Jim Ronson
http://www.asphelpdeskinc.com

LDRYSDALE
07-22-2001, 11:58 PM
Thanks a million! Did what you said - worked like you said. Fortunately, I have a fast computer so it only took about an hour for the inventory check. I also ran data synchronization on my customers and found that almost every one needed repair.

Thanks again. L-