PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Check

shellies
01-09-2002, 02:44 PM
I have already closed out payroll for 2001. My boss wants a bonus check in last year. Can I do journal entries to cut him a check??? Please help!

salion
01-10-2002, 09:04 AM
If you made a backup of your payroll files before you closed the quarter/year, you can reinstall from that. Only other way I know is to change the generation #'s in maintain payroll options.

If you set the generation # back to the generation before you closed, you can add to the previous data. When you close again it should tell you that the files already exist and if you want to overwrite them. Answer yes. I don't know if peachtree recommends this method or if it could possibly corrupt data files. I've done it to other modules and it's worked fine, but I haven't ever had to go back in payroll so you might want to contact peachtee first. Or you can do a backup of all your files before you try it, so if something goes wrong you can install the backup.

maybe someone else has also done this before and could offer some additional help.

Baytek
01-15-2002, 05:06 PM
If you haven't closed GL for the year, you can go to Enter Transactions of GL and make a manual entry to post the check.

If you closed GL for the 2001 year, you can still make a journal entry if your Maintain GL Options allow you to post in a prior period/year.

If you need the check to be included in W2s you print in Peachtree's Payroll module, disregard entering a journal entry in GL and restore the backup before you closed Payroll for the year, enter the check, run post current period, re-print payroll reports, close current quarter, print w2s and close the year.

For more information, email enduserssupport@baytek.com.