PDA

View Full Version : Removing old employees

Kimothy
01-19-2002, 08:37 AM
I need to remove old emplyees so that they do not try to print W2's. I have tried to use the utilba.exe that comes with Peachtree but it keeps asking me for a Peachtree password. I am running V12. Anyone haaave any ideas?

jag
01-19-2002, 12:30 PM
I know this is kind of dumb but...

Are you sure that you don't have any kind of password setted up?

Remember that there a two kind of passwords in Peachtree DOS: Module Passwords and System Passwords.

Also, there in the Payroll Module are two differents passwords: An Operator Password and a Controller Pasword. So, you can have 3 differents passwords in total (you can have many more for the other modules)

So it's possible that you are entering a wrong password or not entering the required password.

Somebody a some time ago posted a solution for retrieving lost passwords in Peachtree DOS in the Peachtree Newsgroup (alt.comp.software.financial.peachtree) but I don't remeber it. I'm sure somebody will remember here (or there).

On the otherside, I think that when you put an employee in an "inactive" status no W-2's are printed. I will check that and come back to you on monday.

HIH,