PDA

View Full Version : Classic v.12 and Okidata ML 590

rharris
01-22-2002, 08:41 PM
I recently upgraded to Peachtree Classic Accounting v.12 and I am now experiencing some printing problems with my Okidata ML 590 dot matrix printer. The ML 590 will print in Letter Quality mode only - which is very slow. In the past I have been able to print using Utility mode for my general ledger, etc. I have tried alternate drivers (Epson & IBM) and none have allowed me to use Utility mode. I contacted Okidata tech support and after doing some printer self tests, they think that Classic v.12 is sending a command to the printer to print in LQ mode. I have not been able to get through to Peachtree Tech Support. Has anyone else experienced this same problem? Does anyone have a suggestion or a fix for this problem? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you.

johnp900
01-29-2002, 07:18 AM
verify your printer settings on your desktop that you are printing in draft mode. then at the F5 config prompt to sellect your printers, check the printer properties again & change them if needed. v12 does not always import the correct printer settings. Try that and see if it helps