Discount Column in Sales Invoice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discount Column in Sales Invoice

I use Peachtree Quantum 2007 and I have discovered that the sales invoice does not have a discount column. I have a business where I give sales discount to different customers on a percent basis. Is it not possible to enter this discount percent as you create the invoice? The sales receipt has a column for discount but I cannot figure it on the invoice. I need help!

Consider entering an additional line on the Invoice, using a negative QTY equivalent of the % discount I.E. -0.10 = 10% and in the UNIT PRICE field enter the amount i.e Net Invoice Amt. This will provide a negative AMT the equivalent of the desired Invoice Discount. If you use Inentory, then you can setup an Inventory Item (Class - Activity) with the appropriate DESCRIPTION field define and list the GL Account for Discounts or if you do not use Inventory then enter the negative Qty, Description and the GL Discount Account on the Invoice Discount line just before the UNIT PRICE field.
    Rick Prindiville
    PCO Consulting Services, Inc.
    rick@pcosupport.com
    Peachtree Certified Consultant
    Sage Certified Trainer

Comment

Thanks rick, I will try this right away

Comment

It is working. However how can I move the new row to the bottom instead of having the discount line displayed first?

Comment

Just enter the discount line last when you'e doing the invoice. Am I missing something?
          Lisa Peterson
          Streamline Consulting, Inc.
          Minneapolis, MN

Timeslips Certified Consultant
          QuickBooks Advanced Certified ProAdvisor

http://www.businessexpertwebinars.co...peterson040208

Comment

I have tried this. Each time the new line ends up on top.

Comment

Are you using the "Add Row" function? If so - that's not necessary. As you enter your line items on your invoice, just keep going and the last line you enter should be your discount.
              Lisa Peterson
              Streamline Consulting, Inc.
              Minneapolis, MN

Timeslips Certified Consultant
              QuickBooks Advanced Certified ProAdvisor

http://www.businessexpertwebinars.co...peterson040208

Comment

Thanks lisa

Comment

Working...
                X