Import Electronic Bank Statements qif

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Electronic Bank Statements qif

How do I import a .qif electronic bank statement monthly into Peachtree?

The import help is oriented to a one time conversion from QB.

TIA,

Ken

If you're thinking that importing the .QIF file into Peachtree will automate your bank reconcilition, you can't do that with Peachtree. The only benefit to importing a .QIF would be to establish all of the transactions in Peachtree for the first time. If you'd already entered them, then importing again would result in duplicate transactions.

Finally, to answer your question, you'd have to convert the .QIF file into the import format required by Peachtree. You'd have these same challenge if you were trying to export from Peachtree into QuickBooks.
    David H. Ringstrom, CPA
    Accounting Advisors, Inc.
    www.acctadv.com

Comment

Assume the transactions are not entered yet.

How would you convert the qif to Peachtree's import format?

Comment

This is something that I automate for clients by programming an Excel spreadsheet. If you're looking to do this on your own, the import/export specifications are listed in the online documentation for Peachtree. You can also export the desired transaction type from your Peachtree company or one of the sample companies to see what the file looks like.

An alternative is to use PawCOM.

If you decide to outsource this project, please feel free to contact me at david@acctadv.com.
        David H. Ringstrom, CPA
        Accounting Advisors, Inc.
        www.acctadv.com

Comment

Working...
        X