Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of Credit Accounting entries

Hi All,

I must admit that when it comes to practical life the things are quite different. I graduated in Accountancy with distinctions but could not figure out how will Peachtree handle L/C transactions.

Our purchase is 90% import based. under our existing home made system we create each new account for individual L/C in "prepaid expenses" catagory. all charges are debited to this account:

l/c opening charges debit L/C account credit bank account
    document retirement debit l/c account credit bank account
    duty paid debit l/c account credit bank account
    clearing chgs debit l/c account credit forwarder a/c

now l/c account shows the total charges incurred on each shipment. this is also our cost of sales. than we post purchase invoice and grand total of purchase invoice is credited to l/c account thus bringing the total of each l/c account balance to zero.

purchase price of goods is than debited to inventory account for various purposes.

how we can do this in peachtree?

peachtree keep the A/P outstanding untill it is paid manually. can we make a way whereby the amount of purchase is credited automatically to L/C account. because vendor is already paid by the bank and we have posted entry as "document retirement"

imran rashid
    pak tire corp
    pakistan.
    ====================
    Pak Tire Corp
    GPO Box: 187
    Faisalabad
    Pakistan
    dragon@fsd.comsats.net.pk
    ====================

l/c

DONE

CHANGE 15XXX FOR EACH L/C.
    FOR ALL EXP POST JOURNAL VOUCHER AS AND WHEN EXP OCCUR
    WHEN L/C GOODS REACH THAN ENTER PURCHASE WITH A/P AS 15XXX.
    ====================
    Pak Tire Corp
    GPO Box: 187
    Faisalabad
    Pakistan
    dragon@fsd.comsats.net.pk
    ====================

Comment

Letter of Credit Accounting entries

Dear Imran
      Al Salam Alaikom Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatoh

Brother I am facing the same problem with Peachtree Quantum and have no idea how to post l/c, our accounting is not linked to our bank account and therefore is not updated when an LC is paid, I calculate all expenses including l/c charges customs and all other expenses and directly add to the total purchase cost and only then make a purchase invoice using the total cost incurred.

It seems that you have found away to fix all of the l/c transactions and would appreciate if you kindly let me know the steps as I am a basic accountant.

May Allah bless you and your family with happiness, prosper, and successfulness Inshallah

Sincerely,

Adel

Comment

Working...
      X