Managed Exception error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed Exception error

I wrote in several months ago about this problem. It was suggested that I run a repair. I did, then I wasn't able to run PT. I finally fixed all the problems, but I still continue to receive the managed exception error.

Almost everytime I run PT 2007 I have this problem. I am a single user.

When I'm in A/P, Sales Invoices, P/R and click on the "List" this is what happens.

A managed exception was caught in ShowCustomerListView(). The error is 'exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation'. [OK]

Then I try again, it says 'your data is loading' then nothing happens. The computer hangs up in which every list I was trying.

I can't just close PT. I have to then restart the computer everytime. You can imagine my frustration when I have different windows open and everything has to be turned off. Then it causes my computer to not boot properly and I've had to reboot as many as 4 times before I'm up and running.

Why does this happen all the time? There has to be a reason. I'm so afraid to click on "List" in any of the PR, AR or sales invoiceing because of this happening.

With these kind of problems, I'm too afraid to upgrade because there always seems to be some kind of problem and I need to fix the current one first!

As always, Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

Thanks,
    Cindy

This error message is related to Security Levels as set in Windows Administrative Tools for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1.

Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - double left click on this icon. Next in the left panel, click on "Runtime Security Policy". Next under the main pane labeled TASK click on "Adust Zone Security". On the next screen the default selection should read "Make Changes to this Computer", as such do not make any changes here, just click NEXT. On the next screen click on "Local Intranet" Icon and change the security level from mid point to FULL TRUST. Click on NEXT to accept this screen and then click FINISH on the summary screen. The above changes will correct the problems that you are experiencing.
    Last edited by rick Prindivill; 06-26-2007, 03:25 PM.
    Rick Prindiville
    PCO Consulting Services, Inc.
    rick@pcosupport.com
    Peachtree Certified Consultant
    Sage Certified Trainer

Comment

I don't have the "Runtime Security policy". Now what do I do?
      Thanks,
      Cindy

Comment

If you are using Peachtree 2007, then Peachtree installed .Net Framework 1.1As such, you will have the setting listed above.

Look in CONTROL PANEL - Administrative Tools and there look for the icon labeled Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1.
        Rick Prindiville
        PCO Consulting Services, Inc.
        rick@pcosupport.com
        Peachtree Certified Consultant
        Sage Certified Trainer

Comment

Working...
        X