PT 2000 key code? Call 1-800-999-9209.   Advertise here

Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Premium Accounting forum

Old 01-15-2010, 05:28 PM

Changing file locations

Aloha, I have installed PT 2006 multi on the server and I can log in with passwords, etc.... works great. and loging in via terminal server allis well ----BUT---

When I log in via the local network by way of the mapped drive (called V the company file location that pulls up is on my local computer NOT the server but from my own computer. What am I doing wrong?

thanks
francis
Old 01-15-2010, 08:47 PM

Click on START and RUN type the name of the Peachtree version that you are using i.e. PPA130.INI for Peachtree Premium Accounting Version 2006. Click OK and Windows will open the Peachtree INI file using Notepad. Look to the last line of the 3rd section of this file. It should read C:\Program Files\Sage Software\Peachtree\Company\ or a similar path. You can change this path to your Server i.e. F:\Peachtree\Company\ or similar. Note do NOT map into your Company data folder.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 01-15-2010, 09:32 PM

Aloha, thanks .... almost there.

Should i be running the program from my local comp or the server?

Actually, still not able to access the DATA on the server from my local computer.

I try to put a path by mapping a drive called
DataPath="Y:\company"
program path to programpath=Y:\

OR go the long route of:

DATAPATH=\\T-server\homeserver\Program Files\Sage Software\Peachtree\company and
ProgramPath=\\T-server\homeserver\Program Files\Sage Software\Peachtree

or even
access the program on my local computer:
Programpath=c:\Program Files\Sage Software\Peachtree
DATAPATH=\\T-server\homeserver\Program Files\Sage Software\Peachtree\company

DATAPATH=v:\Program Files\Sage Software\Peachtree\company\

I get up to "cannot open the file v:\program files\sage software\peachtree\company\status.dat"

What am I doing wrong?

thanks
francis

Last edited by spdas; 01-16-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:38 PM

Assuming that your program is installed on the workstations local drive then you will not change any reference to the program path as defined in the Peachtrree INI file. Change the DATAPATH = line if applicable to read the mapped drive and related path i.e. DataPath=Y:\company. Note, that you do not use any quote signs in either the Datapath or the Program Path.

The error message "cannot open the file v:\program files\sage software\peachtree\company\status.dat" indicates that Peachtree cannot see or read this path. Verify that you can see this path exactly via Windows Explorer. Typically, you can not map a drive in a protectd folder such as "Program Files\Sage Software....". You would need to SHARE the folder "Peachtree" allowing FULL ACCESS and PERMISSIONS to change files or in the case of a true SERVER, all FULL PERMISSIONS under the SHARE and SECURITY TABS for the Groups EVERYONE and SYSTEM.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer
Old 01-16-2010, 09:59 PM

Aloha and thanks Rick. I just got it. I had a link drawn to d:\progF\peachtree on my laptop that I did not see and PT always used that for the data location even though it showed the Z:data location in the PPan130.ini file. I deleted this link and folder (as it was from my old PT 2005) and all works fine now and even asks for my password as it does in terminal server and accessing PT from the Server Box. Thanks again for all your help

Francis