Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Premium Accounting forum

Old 02-15-2016, 10:12 AM

Question Single invoice entry=multiple account entries

I am using Sage Peachtree CompleteŽ Accounting 2011.
I want the invoice to the customer to show "Professional Services" and a single amount but I want that amount allocated into several different accounts behind the scenes. If I enter the total amount on the invoice, clicking on "Journal" will not allow me to add other accounts.

Help?
Old 02-15-2016, 05:50 PM

There would be no way to split the revenue up and still display it as one total to the customer. So the best option I can think of would be to invoice the customer, print or email it and then go back and edit the lines to split the amounts by GL account. You would not use the Journal button but actually add additional lines and allocate the revenue.
Another option would be to do an adjusting journal entry to allocate the revenue by GL if you want to keep the invoice as is. You would debit the first row of the allocation entry for the total invoice amount and then credit the various GL accounts to match the original total.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/