Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Premium Accounting forum

Old 10-04-2005, 04:12 PM

custom forms not sharing on network

like the title says i am creating a special form for invoicing at my work station and saving it to the network. No other work station has this new form as an option. what am i doing wrong?? Also, can you save a form to a disk and manually add it to each computer?

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2005, 03:57 PM

anyone have any ideas??
Old 10-05-2005, 06:19 PM

This problem has been mentioned on this forum. Do a search and you should find a solution.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:43 PM

The problem is simple. The Peachtree datapath as defined in the related Peachtree INI file is pointing to the local workstatin drive for the form files and should be pointing to the Server or Host computer's shared Peachtree Forms folder.

The Peachtree INI file is located on each workstation in the Windows folder. This file needs to be opened and the DATAPATH line changed. If you are using Peachtree Complete Accounting and Version 2005 then the file name would be PCW120.INI.

If you are on Peachtree Premium Accounting then the prefix is PPA
If you are on Peachtree Premium Distribution then the prefix is PPAD
If you are on Peachtree Premium Construction then the prefix is PPAC
etc.

The suffix is based on the version of Peachtree that you are using i.e 2005 is 120, 2006 is 130. So you need to marry the two parts to create the file name. I.e PCW120.INI = Peachtree Complete Accounting 2005.

If you can not figure out the file name then do a Windows Search for all files starting with P*.INI and you will find the Peachtre INI file as located in the C:\Windows folder.

Go to START and RUN and type the appropriate INI file name and click OK. Check the DATAPATH on the last line of the third section. This section starts off with the verbage ...

The DATAPATH is where the errorlog, the help file, the form files, and the
; OPTIONS.DAT file are found. In addition, each set of "Company Data" is
; located in its own subdirectory off of this DATAPATH. The default value
; is "C:\PROGRA~1\PEACHT~1".
DATAPATH=C:\PROGRA~1\PEACHT~1\Company\

In your case the DATAPATH is pointing to your local drive and not the shared SERVER or Host computers drive etc. so when you modifiy and save a form, you are saving it to your computer only and not to the shared forms folder so that all users can see and use it.

You will need to check every Peachtree workstation and correct the Peachtree Datapath so everyone points to one common shared datapath on the server.

Your custom form can be copied from your FORM folder on your local C: drive and pasted into the form folder on the shared network drive. The custom form will typicalls start with two or three letters consistent with the type of form. SO = Sales Order,
APC = Accounts Payable Check etc. A custom form will have a file a name that has a zero in the fifth character position. I.E SO00000.FRM, APC00000.FRM etc. Standard forms have a number 1 in the fifth position i.e APC01000.FRM etc. Copy the forms that have a zero "0" in the fifth position to the shared folder and everyone will be able to see it, following the above datapath corrections.
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Sage Certified Trainer

Last edited by rick Prindivill; 10-05-2005 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jriehl
This problem has been mentioned on this forum. Do a search and you should find a solution.
i did a search and saw nothing about this
thanks
Old 10-06-2005, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rick Prindivill

Your custom form can be copied from your FORM folder on your local C: drive and pasted into the form folder on the shared network drive. The custom form will typicalls start with two or three letters consistent with the type of form. SO = Sales Order,
APC = Accounts Payable Check etc. A custom form will have a file a name that has a zero in the fifth character position. I.E SO00000.FRM, APC00000.FRM etc. Standard forms have a number 1 in the fifth position i.e APC01000.FRM etc. Copy the forms that have a zero "0" in the fifth position to the shared folder and everyone will be able to see it, following the above datapath corrections.
just figured this out. thanks for your help though.
its wierd, you would think that peachtree would allow you to save forms to the shared directory and work from there. oh well, all is good in custom form land now!

thanks!
Old 10-06-2005, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rick Prindivill

In your case the DATAPATH is pointing to your local drive and not the shared SERVER or Host computers drive etc. so when you modifiy and save a form, you are saving it to your computer only and not to the shared forms folder so that all users can see and use it.

fyi i was saving the form to the server not my workstation
Old 11-23-2015, 01:51 PM

rick Prindivill,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick Prindivill View Post
The problem is simple.

...Peachtree INI file

...DATAPATH=

...points to one common shared datapath on the server.

Thank you very much for your reply. I've come back to this same thread I think three times now

Have a nice day,
BigMike

ps. Holy thread resurrection batman!