Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 01-05-2017, 01:01 PM

Seems, i've got some problems since year end close

Currently using Peachtree Complete 2010, did the usual year close, everything booted back up, but now I have a few issues.
1.When entering a receipt, I get "Some transaction you have selected to pay have changed since you began working on this receipt, and you are about to overpay one or more of these changed transactions. Do you want to save this receipt with the over payment, or refresh the receipt?" I have never had this happen before. Refreshing, does not change anything.
2. When I look up a customers past sale history/invoice, all customer info is there, but the invoice is missing all of the items that were purchased.
All invoice entered this year, show everything.
Also, I can pay any invoice entered this year, without issue.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:32 PM

It sounds like you have some data corruption and you should try restoring the backup made prior to year end wizard to a new company and then run data verification utility on it. If that goes well, then try running the year end on that data set and see if that helps any.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/
Old 01-06-2017, 11:13 AM

Okay I tried it, setting up new company did not work. Same issues exist.
Error 54 data corruption
Any other ideas?
Old 01-08-2017, 08:28 PM

What are you doing when it pops the error 54? Opening the program, entering a transaction, or does it list a file name when it shows the error 54 message?

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/
Old 01-10-2017, 03:58 PM

Okay so I can post receipts without issue now. However, still have a few issues. Current years open are both fiscal and payroll Jan1 thru Dec31 2017 & 2018. Should be 2016 and 2017 correct. I can view invoices in 2016, but of coarse, I can not print.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:19 PM

It sounds like you may have run the year end wizard more than once since you would have initially ran it to close 2015 and if you ran it again it would have closed 2016. You definitely don't want 2016 closed since you haven't filed the tax return yet. I would suggest finding the backup file it created when you ran the wizard the second time and restore that (make a current backup of the company just in case before restoring).
Also, you can print invoices in a closed year but you can't do it from the invoice screen. You would have to go to Reports/Forms and then find your invoice form and double click on it, then use the filter section to enter the invoice number and customer, hit refresh and you can print it out from there.