Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 08-21-2017, 12:13 PM

Moving Peachtree data folder

I want to move the Peachtree data folder that hold companies, etc, from one local disk to another:

OLD C:\Foo\Peach
NEW F:\Foo\Peach

If I change each registry entry containing the first path to the second, would that work? Is there a better way?
Old 08-22-2017, 01:15 PM

Uninstalling and Reinstalling is usually the most thorough way to do this. You could copy the data folder to the new location and the uninstall and reinstall on the server to the new location. You could then uninstall/reinstall from the workstation but you could also just edit each workstations INI file under C/Programfiles(x86)/Common Files/peach and then edit the latest ini file where you would see the data path listed in it.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/
Old 08-22-2017, 02:25 PM

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I can't uninstall/reinstall because this is Peachtree 2011 and Sage threw away my install key.

In Peachtree180.ini I see DATAPATH and PROGRAMPATH. There are similar keys in pchans180.ini. If I edit these, will Peachtree update the registry items?
Old 08-24-2017, 09:00 AM

I've never tried moving the data path on the server without uninstalling and reinstalling so it is hard to say. Editing the INI file would not change the registry keys but that might not matter. I would think moving the program without installing would be an issue with the registry but I could see moving the data should only entail editing the ini file. It might be worth a try, just make a copy of the ini file and just copy and paste the data folder for now and see if it does the trick.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/
Old 08-27-2017, 02:40 PM

So, I made backup copies of the data folder, the common files, and program files. Also, I opened regedit and exported a copy of the entire registry. Then I changed all the data paths in *.ini in common files, even the ones it said not to touch. I changed all the data paths in the registry. I crossed my fingers, and started Peachtree. It started up fine. I don't know what would have happened if I had just changed the ini files.