Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 10-17-2003, 01:05 PM

Check out the info on there site....

Info about Peachtrees up coming releases are on the web site!

http://www.peachtree.com/manufacturi...de/default.cfm

http://www.peachtree.com/distributio...de/default.cfm
Old 10-20-2003, 07:58 AM

Peachtree mfg software

Dear RetroCanino,

Thank you for posting the link. I purchased and evaluated the manufacturing package you recommended over the weekend and even though they have added some functionality that is useful to manufacturers it still falls short in other areas that are also very important.

Primarily it lacks in any time of planning capabilities, either material or production. For my company accruing costs associated with materials applied to jobs is accomplishable in an Excel spreadsheet. Where the real challenge comes in is planning for the appropriate material and production activities before I begin to manufacture. It is more important to know your material shortages before you create the work order. They way they do this is still very reactive, i.e. create the work order and then tell me what I am out of.

I looked into the MRA package that was mentioned here also and this seems to include more functionality related to actual planning as well as offering the ability to track production, material and labor costs accured.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:57 AM

Re: Peachtree mfg software

Quote:
Originally posted by smueller
Dear RetroCanino,

Thank you for posting the link. I purchased and evaluated the manufacturing package you recommended over the weekend and even though they have added some functionality that is useful to manufacturers it still falls short in other areas that are also very important.

Primarily it lacks in any time of planning capabilities, either material or production. For my company accruing costs associated with materials applied to jobs is accomplishable in an Excel spreadsheet. Where the real challenge comes in is planning for the appropriate material and production activities before I begin to manufacture. It is more important to know your material shortages before you create the work order. They way they do this is still very reactive, i.e. create the work order and then tell me what I am out of.

I looked into the MRA package that was mentioned here also and this seems to include more functionality related to actual planning as well as offering the ability to track production, material and labor costs accured.
You bought and got a copy already? That is pretty quick!

If you need more features, I suggest going to Peachtrees website and telling them what you need. If you need it then I am sure others might need it too, so let them know.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:38 AM

Talking New Versions

Peachtree's new Work Ticket feature should allow you to enter those assemblies into the system authorizing the start of work. Since the work ticket is not closed, no inventory checks are preformed. Once the inventory arrives and is received you can close the work ticket adding the new assemblies to the system.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:54 AM

Santa,

Is this feature available in the new manufactoring version??

Michelle
Old 10-27-2003, 01:07 PM

Yes it is in the Manufacturing version.

Go to http://www.peachtree.com/manufacturi...de/default.cfm and select new features....
Old 10-27-2003, 01:22 PM

Thanks
Old 10-27-2003, 10:38 PM

I am setting up 2003 Complete right now, and defining complex inventory stuff with WIPs and sub-assemblies like others have discussed. How will my current 2003 set-up and methods import into the upgrade to 2004 for Manufacturing? Will I need to setup 2004 from scratch to use the enhanced features, or will I somehow be able to import the old set-up and data and mold them into the new features?
Thanks in advance....
Old 10-28-2003, 01:03 PM

your 2003 stuff will be exactly the same in 2004 when you upgrade the database. But you will have access to the 2004 feaures....

I would suggest buying the 2004 version that you need. Then upgrade your database and try it as a parell system to see if you like it.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:10 PM

Does anyone know if this is still a limitation?

I have a scenario wherein I want to build assemblies based upon component Quantity Available, not Quantity on Hand.

Is this possible in any way?
Old 10-17-2016, 08:29 PM

The assemblies and work ticket function will only base things off of Qty on Hand but the work ticket function will commit the raw materials to the work ticket so the Qty Available would reflect that and it also has the ability to create PO's to fulfill any shortages. You would want to check your default settings to make sure the Qty Available is affected by work tickets. That setting is under Maintain/Default Info/Inventory.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/