Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 02-01-2018, 12:10 AM

Peachtree 2011 Network Issue

I hope someone can help... My customer's hard drive died, so I've installed a new drive and operating system (Windows 10, as before). I loaded Peachtree and it installed perfectly.

HOWEVER, when I tried to access the Company from another networked computer, in the office (that was connecting perfectly, before the hard drive died), the "other" computer starts to load the company data... and, then, just goes back to the "company" screen.

This link will show you what happens when I try to connect to the Company File:

http://www.yigcomputers.com/PublicFiles/peachtree4.jpg

As I said, everything worked fine before the hard drive was replaced. I have FULL CONTROL of the "mapped" drive (and there is no password protection of the mapped network drive). I've tried everything I could think of, but it always does the same thing. The system does NOT lock up or crash. It just goes back to the same screen. No error messages. The "host" computer does NOT have Peachtree open (it's a single user system and the customer never uses the data on more than one system at a time).

I'm an experience computer tech, but not terribly familiar with Peachtree. Perhaps I have to click some setting to allow network access (I DID make sure that "Peachtree" and "Pervasive" applications are allowed in the firewall... I've even tried with the firewall OFF completely).

If anyone can suggest anything I could try, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Phil

Old 02-05-2018, 07:00 AM

One thing that I've found that sometimes helps with connection issues is to access the P: drive using Windows Explorer first (Windows 7), then open Peachtree.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:47 PM

Similar issue

I'm running into a similar issue with two networked computers, but with the latest update of Windows 10, both computers are now unable to run PT 2012. I'm getting the general Windows message "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, blah blah". Is the only hope to upgrade? I don't need the latest bells and whistles and our current 2012 version works good enough for us.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:04 AM

You would run across the same issue in the latest version because the issue is within the Win10 update. The work around is to right click on your Sage shortcut and choose Properties/Compatibility Tab and check off to Run as Windows 8. Then make sure to use that shortcut to open the program each time.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/