Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 01-26-2018, 04:17 PM

How do I Upgrade from Peachtree 6.0 plus Time & Billing to Newer Peachtree?

I have been using Peachtree 6.0 Complete Accounting Plus Time & Billing for my small business for years (since at least 1999!) Late last month, the Windows XP machine that I was using died, and so I needed to reinstall the software on another XP machine. The original install disc is long gone so I am wondering if it is possible to install a newer version of Peachtree (I just bought a copy of Sage Peachtree Complete Accounting 2011 on eBay) and import or open my data files that were created in 6.0. I tried a copy of 6.0 Complete Accounting (without the Time and Billing) and that would NOT open the data files (the error said it needed to be a new version of the software). I tried Peachtree Accounting 2004, but since that is the entry level version of the software from that year, it would not open the data files either. It appears I would need a version that supports Time and Billing (even though that was a feature I never used so there would be nothing stored in those tables.) Even then, I am not sure if a newer version can successfully open those older data files ... can anyone help me or give me some advice? I really need to be able to access those original data files in a newer version of Peachtree! Thank you!
Old 01-30-2018, 01:45 PM

I should be able to get the files converted, contact me directly if you are still in need of assistance.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/