Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 01-05-2017, 12:31 PM

Peachtree 2005 Compatability

We are upgrading our computers and are wondering if our Peachtree Complete Accounting 2005 software will work on new computer. We have considered upgrading Peachtree but we really have all we need at this time with the 2005 software.

We are more than likely upgrading to computers with Windows 10. Does anyone know of any issues we might have installing Peachtree?

Thanks in advance for your help.

~ Nicole in Phoenix
Old 01-05-2017, 05:29 PM

You might be able to get it to install but some functionality won't work like any office, email or pdf integrations most likely. I haven't tried installing a version that old on Win10 so I can't say for sure but if it installs the base program would probably work fine.
If you can't get it to install, I can assist you with upgrading. For one, your current data would need to be updated to 2006 first and then it can make the jump to the most recent version. I can also sell the software with the traditional license so you wouldn't be required to pay the annual maintenance fees from Sage. You can contact me directly if you need help.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com
Old 01-06-2017, 06:29 AM

Thank you so much John. I will keep this in mind because we may want to upgrade at some point. Thanks again!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:48 PM

If you get Windows 10 Microsoft can upgrade you anytime which will likely break your build sooner or later even if it works now.