Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 08-01-2017, 06:34 AM

Question 1099 exceptions

I have a former employee who received reimbursement payments. Now they are working as a consultant. When I generate the 1099's next year, I do not want the reimbursements to show on the 1099, only the consulting payments. How can I separate these transactions for the 1099 report?
Old 08-01-2017, 01:57 PM

Go into Maintain/Default Info/Vendors and on the 1099 tab you can set the GL codes to default boxes or to None. You would want to use a different GL code for the consulting pay and make sure that is set as Box 7, and any of the reimbursement GL codes would be set to 0. One thing to keep in mind is you should be including reimbursements into the 1099 totals so all payments are consulting expenses as a contractor regardless if it is labor or travel.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/
Old 08-01-2017, 01:59 PM

Go into Maintain/Default Info/Vendors and on the 1099 tab you can set the GL codes to default boxes or to None. You would want to use a different GL code for the consulting pay and make sure that is set as Box 7, and any of the reimbursement GL codes would be set to none.

John [at] bottomline-acctg (dot) com

Please leave me a review if you appreciated my assistance: http://bottomline-acctg.com/reviews/
Old 08-02-2017, 05:51 AM

Thanks John. I will give this a try. Also the reimbursements were done when the former employee WAS an employee. So not applicable for the 1099. No travel while a consultant.

I appreciate you and your assistance.