Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums      

Go Back   Peachtree and Sage 50 Forums > Peachtree and Sage 50 software > Peachtree / Sage 50 Accounting forum

Old 08-02-2016, 02:46 PM

YTD totals in payroll checks are wrong - Sage 50 2016

We are using Sage 50 2016 version. When we print payroll checks and or payroll reports, the YTD numbers are wrong. Even on the first check of the calendar year when YTD should be equal to the payrroll check the numbers are wrong. When we look at employee begginning balances it shows zeroes. The amount do not affect the actual payroll or the witholdings. It is like Sage grabs some YTD numbers out-of-nowhere.

It is is not affecting all employees, only a few and the YTD numbers for each employee are different.

Sage Support has no clue about the errors and says that we did a wrong entry somewhere and that it "backtracked" to somewhere in the past.

I did a data verification and there are no problems. Is there a way to index individual payroll files and see if the problem goes away?

Anybody having similar problems
Old 11-21-2016, 02:16 PM

I had the same problem. I have not found a fix...
Old 12-12-2016, 02:30 PM

One possibility: There is one or more checks written in a prior period or periods but were dated for the current period. Print a check register to see if any of the payroll check numbers are significantly out of sequence.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:59 PM

Payroll YTD totals wrong.

I am having the same problem. Year end-2016 all payroll stubs were fine. First payroll of 2017-the regular long time hourly employees each had wrong YTD totals. Four paychecks in and each of these same employee's YTD totals are off by the same amount each check (Employee A YTD totals off by X each time, Emp B YTD totals off by Y each time etc.).

Our salaried employer who only has me pay him occasionally has accurate YTD totals.

Our new employee that was hired 11/2016 has YTD totals that are fine.

Hope this additional information may help someone give us a fix for this.